Happy National Volunteer Week! Here are ways you can get involved in volunteer work in the Park.
1) Green Team: Attend one of our Green Team Sessions. Green Team Volunteers assist our Gardeners every Saturday morning, May-October.
2) Coastal Cleanup: Help us during one of our Coastal Cleanup events! During low tide, volunteers help remove trash from our beaches, salt marshes and shoreline.
3) Spring Cutback: Our seasonal opportunity in which overwintered grasses are cutback by gardeners and volunteers.
5) Seining: Get out in the East River with our Education Staff! Volunteers assist our seining program by fishing for organisms in the East River. Catches are counted, monitored, and released. Seining takes place on select Saturdays throughout the summer on Pier 4 Beach. If you are coming for your first Seining, please arrive 30 minutes early to sign a waiver, try on some waders, and get trained on the work site.
6) Attend a Volunteer Orientation: Come to one of our Volunteer Orientations and learn about the history of the park, the Conservancy, and all things Volunteer. We go over our various Volunteer Opportunities available in the park.
7) Education Center: Volunteer at our Education Center. Volunteers assist our Education Staff with Open Hours and School Programs throughout the year. Volunteers help greet visitors, share information about the Center, and answer questions. Orientation is required for this opportunity.
8) Festival Volunteers and Park Greeters: Help our programs run smoothly, and welcome visitors to the Park. Park Greeters greet visitors at our Mobile Info Station on the weekends, and distribute park information. Festival Volunteers help facilitate activities and conduct visitor surveys. Volunteers are required to take an Orientation.
9) Photography: Record the park in action! Volunteer Photographs take pictures of various programming, including Volunteer Opportunities, Open Hours, Concerts and Festivals. Photographers are credited for their work. Orientation is required.
10) Enjoy the park! If you can’t commit to a Volunteer Session, share the joy and beauty of Brooklyn Bridge Park with others. Bring your friends and family down to the waterfront and enjoy a beautiful day at the park.